The Siemens Energy Spontaneous Leak Detection (SLD) Service powered by ProFlex is a subscription service for detection of small spontaneous leaks in pipelines, gathering systems and offshore risers.
The SLD Service is based on Siemens Energy proven IoT architecture and leverages advanced signal processing algorithms from ProFlex Technologies to identify and localize a spontaneous leak within seconds. The IoT architecture leverages edge nodes and cloud technology to detect the leak, time stamp the leak and then calculate the location of the leak and provide notification to customers.
Download Siemens Spontaneous Leak Detection Technical Paper Now
* These fields are required.
The key differentiation between SLD Service and other leak detection approaches is performance. SLD Service provides a non-intrusive, cost-effective solution that
can detect and pinpoint leaks in seconds without requiring a large loss of product from the pipeline or riser.
As an example, our technology detected a ½” leak in a 12” pipeline within a few seconds. Typical mass balance systems require 1.5% – 4% volume loss with pressure threshold margins typically set at -15% pipeline low operational pressure which would require several hours to detect a similar leak. This means a substantial loss of product before a leak is indicated and then verified.
Key SLD Service Benefits
- Speed – Detect leaks in seconds. Before environmental damage
- Location – Pinpoint leak location typically to +/- 20 to 50 feet. Reducing the cost and time to find leaks.
- Product Loss – Identify leaks typically as small as 1/2 to 2 inches in order to react quickly to reduce product loss
- Layered Security – Supplement existing leak detection systems for critical pipeline sections
- Regulations – Be able to quickly respond to new and pending regulations