What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is important for in the oil & gas industry for building relationships with prospects, leads, current customers, and even past customers because it gives you a chance to speak directly to them, in their inbox, at a time that is convenient for them. The oil & gas industry sales process can have many people involved in the buying process it is important that you use multiple channels to communicate with your customer/prospect.
6 Reasons Why You Need to Email Marketing
- Email marketing less diluted than other channels. A robust email marketing campaign is easier to manage than multiple strategies that target users across various channels.
- Almost everyone uses email marketing. Over 4.03 billion people have at least one email address.
- It has the highest return on investment (ROI). On average, an email marketing campaign generates $42 for every $1 spent, a 4400 percent ROI.
- It uses direct marketing. Messages don’t depend on passing glances on a timeline and are instead delivered straight to the user’s inbox.
- People demand personalization. In fact, 74 percent of people hate seeing irrelevant content.
- It’s measurable. Tracking your campaigns is easier as analytics are native to email marketing platforms.
Email Marketing ROI Statistics
For any robust email marketing campaign, email marketing open rate and email marketing conversion rate are two of the most important metrics for tracking email marketing ROI. Email marketing can help oil & gas service companies identify what prospect is opening the emails and what links the prospect is clicking. This will help inform sales the topics the prospect is interested in learning about. Check out these stats about email marketing ROI and some email marketing tips on improving the conversion rate.
- When properly executed or when working with the right email marketing agency, your business can potentially enjoy a 4,200 percent ROI.
- These are averages computed for all industries. But what’s a good email marketing open rate and email marketing conversion rate to target? Your industry, along with other factors such as target audience and type of campaign, all play a part in influencing the email marketing stats that result from each campaign.
- Companies are six times more likely to earn clicks from email marketing campaigns than from tweets (Campaign Monitor).
- Once your audience opts in, you are given the license to send promotional emails, which isn’t the case with social media. Capitalize on these email stats by linking to a high-performing email marketing landing page for higher returns.
- A simple email informing your audience about a specific promo can influence them into spending more to take advantage of that deal.
Ready to Press Send?
Email marketing is still one of the best channels to use for oil & gas service companies if you want to reach your target audience directly. With high penetration rates and an even higher potential for significant returns, running a robust email marketing campaign should be a top priority for your business. Having an effective email marketing campaign allows you to promote your brand, nurture leads and keep your customers engaged.